This statement from Becca Price, of the AudioBook Publishing ListServ:
October was a good month for book sales. Nearly every category saw a positive increase. The increase in adult hardcover is probably attributable to Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol.
* Adult paperback increased 37.5% to $130.4 million.
* Children’s/YA hardcover fell 0.5% to $87.9 million.
* Children’s/YA paperback increased 20.2% to $52.7 million.
* Adult hardcover rose 6.3% to $259.9 million.
* Adult mass market was down 1.8% to $61.2 million.
* Audiobooks dropped 1.8% to $19.7 million.
* Ebooks were up 254% to $18.5 miillon.
Note the next-to-the-last line, re: drop in AudioBooks.
BTW, you might find LOTS of interesting tips about the AudioBook Publishing industry on that ListServ. Send a note asking for a subscription to this address: email@example.com.
Also, the quote Becca makes above was gleaned from an article on a blog written by a collection of readers who love fiction called: “Dear Author,….”
You can find it HERE.